ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 6B
Hill Center at the Old Naval Hospital
921 Pennsylvania Avenue SE
February 9, 2016
1. Adoption of Agenda
2. Election of Committee Chairs
3. Establishment of Task Forces and Election of Chairs
4. Community Speakout
5. Community & Commission Announcements
6. Consent Agenda
7. Presentation: Sarah Fashbaugh, Community Resource Advisor, Alcohol Beverage Regulation Administration
8. Appointment of Resident Members for Committees and Task Forces
9. Alcohol Beverage Control Committee
(This item will be considered by the ABC Committee on Thursday, February 4, 2016, 7:00 p.m. in the Frager’s Conference Room, 3rd Floor, Hill Center)
- ABRA-079276, Matchbox, 521 8th Street SE, Substantial change due expansion of 1,600 square feet resulting in an additional 45 interior dining seats, 14 bar/counter seats, and six exterior patio seats. Petition date: March 14, 2016 
10. Planning & Zoning Committee
(These items will be considered by the P&Z Committee on Tuesday, February 2, 7:00 p.m. at St. Coletta of Greater Washington, 1901 Independence Avenue SE)
- Support for 11th Street Bridge Park: Scott Kratz, Director of the Bridge Park Project.
- HPA #15-xxx, 125 D Street SE, rear addition/concept. Ari Gejdenson (owner) and Olivia Akisan, D + O Inc. (architect)
- HPA #16-203, 647 South Carolina Ave SE, two-story rear addition replacing existing two-story pavilion/concept. Greg Selfridge, owner.
- BZA 18701-B, 1247 E Street SE: ESE, LLC. Alexandra Garcia, counsel. BZA Hearing February 23, 2016 
Request for a 2-Year Extension of the Expiration Date of Order 18701, pursuant to 11 DCMR § 3130.6. The Summary Order granted use variance relief to operate a restaurant in the ground floor space at 1247 E Street SE (Square 1019, Lot 43).
- BZA 19196, 1247 E Street SE: ESE, LLC. Alexandra Garcia, counsel. BZA Hearing February 23, 2016 
pursuant to 11 DCMR § 3103.2, for a variance from the minimum lot dimension requirements under § 401.11, to convert lower-level storage space into a residential unit in the R-4 District at premises 1247 E Street S.E. (Square 1019, Lot 43).
- BZA 19193, 1620 & 1622 E Street SE: J.D. Schmidt, C&S Development LLC. BZA Hearing March 1, 2016 
pursuant to 11 DCMR § 3103.2, for variances from the lot area and width requirements under § 401.2, and the lot width requirements under § 401.3, to permit the construction of three three-story flats on three new nonconforming lots in the R-4 District at premises 1620-1622 E Street S.E. (Square 1090, Lots 813, 814).
- BZA 19220, 1445 C Street SE (Payne Elementary School): Jackie Stanley, District Department of General Services. BZA Hearing March 8, 2016 
pursuant to 11 DCMR § 3104.1, for a special exception from the rooftop mechanical equipment requirements under § 411.11, to allow the installation of new rooftop mechanical equipment to an existing school building in the C-2-A/R-4 District at premises 1445 C Street S.E. (Square 1061, Lot 820).
- BZA 19194, 229 10th Street SE: Utku Aslanturk (owner) & Jennifer Fowler (architect). BZA Hearing: March 8, 2016 
pursuant to 11 DCMR § 3104.1, for a special exception under § 223, not meeting the lot occupancy requirements under § 403.2, the open court requirements under § 406, and the nonconforming structure requirements under § 2001.3, to construct a three-story rear addition to an existing one-family dwelling in the R-4 District at premises 229 10th Street S.E. (Square 944, Lot 39)
- BZA #19153, Rear 1524 Independence Avenue SE: David Crowley, President, Capital PropertiesGroup. BZA Hearing: February 23, 2106 
pursuant to 11 DCMR § 3103.2, for a variance from the off-street parking requirements under § 2101.1, to commit parking spaces to a car-sharing service in the R-4 District at premises (rear) 1524 Independence Avenue S.E. (Square 1072, Lots 2025-2032)
- Rock ‘n Roll Marathon (March 12, 2016) Update: Diane Romo Thomas
- Capitol Hill Classic 10K (May 15, 2016): Roberta Stewart, Outreach Chair, and Jason Levine, Race Director.
11. Transportation Committee
(These items will be considered by the Transportation Committee on Wednesday, February 3, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. in the Frager’s Conference Room, 3rd Floor, Hill Center)
- DDOT Traffic Calming Study Progress and/or Results: 12th & G Streets SE
- ANC 6B Comments on DDOT Southeast Boulevard Feasibility Study
- ANC 6B Report to the Mayor on Reflections on Snow Team Operations during Blizzard 2016
- Treasurer’s Report
- FY2016 First Quarterly Financial Report
13. Approval of Community Impact Statement on Theft from Auto Cases (Commissioner Krepp)
14. Approval of ANC 6B Testimony for DC Council Oversight Hearings
15. Eastern Market Community Advisory Committee Report (January 2016)
16. Hine Community Advisory Committee Report
17. Consideration of ANC 6B Policy on Holding Meetings on days DC Government is Closed
18. Approval of Minutes: Regular Meeting of January 12, 2016, and Special Call Meeting of January 19, 2016
PLEASE NOTE: Some items on this agenda will be considered on the consent agenda. An updated full agenda with items assigned to the consent agenda and regular agenda will be posted on Friday, February 5, 2016. At regular Commission meetings, any item may be removed from the consent agenda and placed on the regular agenda at the request of a single Commissioner. All ABC, BZA, Zoning, and Historic Preservation cases on the consent agenda will be fully discussed at the appropriate monthly committee meetings. Late-breaking ABC, BZA, Zoning, or Historic Preservation cases may be added to this agenda. For additional information, email 6B@anc.dc.gov, or visit ANC 6B’s website: www.ancb6.org. Next regular meeting: Tuesday, March 8, 2016.
OTHER ANC 6B MEETING IN FEBRUARY: Executive Committee Meeting, Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 7:00 p.m., Frager’s Conference Room, 3rd Floor, Hill Center. Meeting is to set the ANC’s March 2016 agenda.