● Identify and recommend changes to current modes of communication
● Solicit citizen participation via digital and print media
● Improve the technology of the ANC, with the intent of improving accessibility to information and communications with residents
● Identify performance trends and report them periodically to the full Commission
● Annually prepare input for the Commission submission to the City Council
● As required, formally and officially elevate intractable issues.
● Examine technologies that would assist in making delivery of city services more effective and efficient.
● Maintain a dialogue with key city agencies currently not engaged through other Committees or processes (e.g. DPW)
Co-Chairs: Commissioner Diane Hoskins, 6B02 & Commissioner Jennifer Samolyk, 6B01
Meetings: Proposed 2017 Dates
|Stephen Merrill||1002 D Street SE||6B04|
The TF spent much of 2013 studying and analyzing public safety issues in ANC6B. The below report details ANC6B’s observations and recommendations for improving public safety in ANC6B. The report also serves as a resource for ANC6B residents.
Vacant & Blighted Properties
The TF established a method for prioritizing and addressing ANC6B’s most egregious nuisance properties, with a specific focus on vacant and blighted properties. This entails identifying problem properties, prioritizing the properties via formal ANC action, sending letters to owners requesting that they cure nuisance conditions, and working with City agencies to ensure that the city taxes these properties at the appropriate vacant and blighted right. Click here for ANC6B’s list of top nuisance properties.